Languages supported in F10-Beta

Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel ankit at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 11:10:57 UTC 2008

Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> 2008/10/15 Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel <ankit at redhat.com>:
>
>> Xavier Conde Rueda wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> a Catalan user just told me that Catalan was not selectable for
>>> installing by using F10-Beta. I'm investigating it, however could you
>>> explain us which languages are included in Beta/Final releases, and
>>> which is the criteria followed?
>>>
>> To get your language in the list of selection during installation, one must
>> complete the "Anaconda", "Comps" translations. In the earlier releases of
>> Fedora there used to be "Essential" category, which had Anaconda, Comps,
>> Initscripts, Firstboot and redhat-menus modules. So, that was the criteria
>> used for having a language supported (as in available localization) in
>> earlier releases, which is not there now. So, certainly we need to fix this.
>>
>> So, let's fix the "Language Inclusion Criteria with respect to
>> Localization".
>>
>> Xavier, in case of catalan, I think you got to file a bug against anaconda,
>> which may give you the clear answer.
>>

> If this is a standard procedure, we could maybe have it added in the
> TQSG, or a wiki page.

If there is a bug/issue with respect to any of the Fedora packages, it
has to go through bugzilla, which is a normal process I think. It
doesn't have much to do with TQSG. However, it would be good to make the
Localization group aware that these kind of issues should be reported
through bugzilla directly.

So, this information could be added in the TQSG or FLP wiki...

Are we going to have FLP meeting coming soon? It would be a good point
of discussion for the "Language Support/Inclusion criteria" with respect
to Localization...

For reference, Fedora I18n team has already defined their criteria for
LanguageSupport: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/I18N/LanguageSupportCriteria

--
Regards,
Ankit Patel