Do we participate in the schedule?

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Tue Sep 2 20:57:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel
<ankit at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi FLSCo,
>
> I have been watching the Fedora 10 (Cambridge) schedule since it was put up
> on the wiki page: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Schedule
>
> It's third time the Translation deadline has changed. The new translation
> deadline for those who are not aware is, 21st October (Plenty of time) now.
> :-)
>
> So, the question I have here is, do we participate in deciding the
> translation freeze date?

RelEng is open for input on the schedule. That's how we added the
Translation-specific dates on it, two releases ago. :-)

To answer the Q, we don't actively participate, but we could
participate. The best ways to do so would be by opening a ticket on
their trac intstance, getting a discussion going on the next releng
meeting about what we need from them, and participating in the
on-topic discussion when prompted for:

  https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/105

FWIW, during the F9 cycle I've asked for a window of one week between
the string freeze date and the feature freeze (packaging). I guess
this time 'round we didn't catch the ommition in time.

Ankit, feel free to communicate our needs with the team. I'm sure
they'll be open for tweaks for the next release.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/