DL listing vs. TX listing

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 15:03:40 UTC 2008

Em Ter, 2008-09-23 às 13:05 +0300, Dimitris Glezos escreveu:
> While I believe clean UIs and things 'just working' are good, in this
> case I think we should *increase* the verbosity of our web tools, so
> that people can know exactly what's happening. For example, the module
> page could detect if the msgmerged file is different from the original
> PO file, warn if different, and provide links to both.

That would be nice. In my opinion the differences between the statistics
from DL and the actual module statistics make the translation process a
bit confusing, probably due to the different tools used to extract the
strings.

For instance, the pt_BR translation of system-config-network needs some
updates accordingly to DL, but when I run the msgmerge I see there are
no new strings to translate. I am not sure if I can trust the msgmerged
files generated by DL in this case, since there is one of the usual
warnings beside the module name.

Regards,
Igor Pires Soares