F11 release notes ready for translation

Piotr Drąg piotrdrag at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 19:51:20 UTC 2009

Domingo Becker pisze:
> I don't agree.
> I think it's necessary to document those changes, in a summary at least.
> Migration information is important too.
> [...]
> But now, is release notes read by all new users?
> I don't think so. But it doesn't make it less important.
> It should be read by users upgrading from previous releases, and I
> think anaconda advices to do so.

You missed my point. It should contain migration information, advises
about problematic package updates etc. But now it's mostly "package xy
is updated to version 0.x", where this package isn't even in default
install and it's minor release, not causing any problems when updating
from previous one. Not mentioning that package xy is used only by a few
people. And all of them are native speakers or speak English well (they
have to if they use xy).

> Probably.
> But then, where will that information go? the wiki?
> It should be somewhere! It's useful.

I propose that core informations would go to XML release notes, and
others would go to the wiki (SIG pages or eg.
Releases/11/ReleaseNotes/AmateurRadio), where they can be translated by
those interested in them.

> I guess we have so many untranslated string because of the change to
> publican. It looks like release notes has been rewritten entirely.

I think number of new strings in this release is comparable to previous
ones. That's not a problem for me either.

--
Piotr Drąg
http://raven.pmail.pl