L10N Priority on Guides

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Aug 10 21:50:18 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 10:59:33PM +1000, Ruediger Landmann wrote:
> On 08/07/2009 10:09 PM, Eric Christensen wrote:
>> On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 23:43 -0300, Domingo Becker wrote:
>>
>>> 1. Readme Burning ISOs.
>>> 2. Readme Live Image.
>>>

>> The first two in your list are going away.
>>

> So will these not be published on docs.fedoraproject.org any more?

My understanding is that those are just for mirror servers where
actual ISO files are located.  That in fact was the original purpose
for the "Burning ISOs" document.

I'm not clear if that is the case for the "Live Image".  IIRC, the
conclusion of last week's discussion was those two files do not have a
place on an _installed_ system -- you need them to get the
installation media, but they do not need packaging for the system itself.

> I know that these won't be part of the Release Notes package any more,
> but wouldn't it be easier to maintain translations in XML/Transifex
> rather than just on the wiki?

+1

Some of these smaller, useful READMEs might be attractive to new
writers when we have a wysiwym DocBook editor online.

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41