New project: multimedia-menus

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 02:38:09 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
> Orcan Ogetbil さんは書きました:
>>
>> Hello dear translators,
>>
>> You may have heard my noise about this project in the past couple
>> weeks. Everything is set up now (thanks to Dimitris, Asgeir and Piotr)
>> in transifex and 22 short strings are waiting for translation.
>>
>> Even before I made this announcement, Spanish and Polish translations
>> were finished thanks to Piotr and Domingo. You guys are lightning
>> fast! I appreciate it.
>>
>> This project is an F-12 feature so it would be very nice if we could
>> get as much translation as we can, before the string freeze deadline.
>> It should take a translator no more than 10-15 minutes to complete.
>>
>> Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
>>

> One question, please :-)
> Why this package belongs to 'Various' collection but not 'Fedora 12'
> collection?

Good question. I don't have the answer. I am very new to translation
side of Fedora. But from what I can tell (I have contributed to many
parts of Fedora), this is the most organized one :)
I see that the string freeze has passed and I was late. That might be
the reason why it is not included in Fedora 12 collection. I don't
know how to or if I am allowed to include it in. Do I need to ask for
a freeze break?

Orcan