L10N Priority on Guides

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Fri Aug 7 01:02:54 UTC 2009

On 08/07/2009 07:03 AM, Eric Christensen wrote:
> I've added a column to the Guide Table[1] that shows the priority that
> we give to translations.  This was a request from L10N so they would
> know what guides to work on when manpower was limited.  Here's my
> recommendation:
>
> 1 Release Notes
> 2 Installation Guide
> 3 Installation Quick Start Guide
> 4 user Guide
> ???
>
> Comments?

I think that the Installation Quick Start Guide should be above the full
Installation Guide for two reasons:

* the IQSG is likely to be of greater benefit to a greater number of users

* when a translator has finished with the IQSG, they can re-use many of
the strings to get a head start on the full Installation Guide

I would also like to add two items as 0 on the list (0.1 and 0.2?) :

* The docbook locales list (I guess this fills the same place in the
L10N workflow as the old docs-common-entities module) -- this is
available in Transifex here:
https://translate.fedoraproject.org/projects/docbook-locales/

* The Publican "Common_Content" sections -- not currently available in
Transifex, but will become so soon

Should I add these to the top of the Guides table? Although they're not
"guides" themselves, localizations of the guides will not work unless
these items are completed first.

Cheers
Rudi