Adding pages on Transifex

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Sat Aug 8 17:12:28 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 3:14 PM, daniel
cabrera<h.daniel.cabrera at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We were thinking at the Spanish team, if there's a possibility to add a
> couple of web pages to translate in Transifex. There's a kind of
> 'idiomatic gap' between the home pages of each language and, for
> instance, any any guide that the docs team has released.
>
> E.g. if a Dutch user wants to go from here [1] to here [2], he or she
> must first pass through these three pages: [3], [4], and [5], which are
> available only in English.
>
> [1] http://fedoraproject.org/nl/
> [2]
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/installation-quick-start-guide/f11/nl-NL/html-single/
> [3] http://docs.fedoraproject.org/
> [4] http://docs.fedoraproject.org/installation-quick-start-guide/
> [5] http://docs.fedoraproject.org/installation-quick-start-guide/f11/
>
> The idea is to make the navigation process be consistent, in any
> language. I know there must be a user incredibly lazy, or not being
> able to read a word in English to abandon the process before reaching
> the guide. Not sure about the second type, but in fact I know a
> couple of the first one.

This is a good point.

I'm CCing the Docs project, since this is purely something the folks
there can fix.

What we need is clear links to the localized documents. Here are two
alternatives:

 1. On the Get Help page, we list all the documents that the user
might need. The listing is i18n-ized, so local groups can override the
English defaults.
 2. We localize http://docs.fpo/ too. The link on the left menu of the
main site is localized, so a team which has docs.fpo localized will
link to the localized version.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos