translation help - Smolt

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 10:41:05 UTC 2009

2009/8/21 Jens Maucher <jensm.fedora at online.de>:
> Hi all,
> I think "(Ja/Nein) J" is common, but what about things like
> "(v)iew"?
> In german i would say it could be translate with "Ansicht", but what is
> with the 'v' in the brackets?
> Should it be translate it like "(A)nsicht"?
>
> In my Opinion it would be great if there were any guidelines in the
> Fedora wiki, how to translate such expressions.

My two cents, my fingers are hardwired a bit to using the shortcuts
that come from the Dutch translation, and it's very weird to switch to
an English setup. I think it's usually better to come up with
consistent shortcuts per language for internal consistency, which is
something that occurs in both Gnome and KDE already.

-Yaakov