Transifex "Pyro" v0.7 released!

Dimitris Glezos glezos at indifex.com
Mon Aug 24 10:21:12 UTC 2009

Hey all.

Here's a heads-up on the 0.7 release, which hopefully will be
available on our servers. Not sure exactly when (Infra freezes and
other bits), but hopefully soon.

==

Indifex and the Transifex Community are proud to announce the newest version
of their flagship Open Translation Platform, Transifex 0.7 codenamed "Pyro".

Transifex is a web application that gives translators a simple yet featureful
web interface to manage translations for multiple remotely-hosted projects.
Files to be translated can be translated straight from the user's browser or
retrieved for offline translation, and various translation statistics can be
read at a glance.

Thanks to all those who made this possible, but most importantly, the
communities which use Transifex internally and together we've made this
release possible: Fedora, Moblin, XFCE, OpenInkpot and spreadlovenow.

What's new in 0.7
=================

A full list of the features with details and screenshots, and the bugfixes
introduced can be found in the Pyro release notes:

  http://docs.transifex.org/releases/0.7.html

Here’s a list of the major features shipped:

- Lotte: The Lightweight Online Translation Editor: We’ve talked about Lotte
 in the past. This release showcases the first alpha version of Lotte. Its
 main features are still under heavy development, but following the ‘Release
 early, Release often’ principle, we’ve unleashed this lady out in the wild
 to get some feedback and improve.

- Fine-grained permissions allow maintainers to control who has access to his
 repository. And that’s not just it. Translators can ‘Request access’ to a
 project too, making it easier for volunteers to show their interest in
 translating particular projects.

- Submissions to a mailbox: Are you a developer with code behind a firewall,
 or shipping an tarball release? Fear not any more. Transifex can send the
 submitted translations straight to your inbox.

And more:

- User Profiles: Becoming more social! Getting jiggy with it.
- Publican-like I18n Support: For our friends in the Fedora Documentation
 Project.
- Simplified branching support: Following the KISS principle.
- A fresh, pre-configured appliance available in an number of formats (ISO,
 VMWare, Amazon EC2) ready to run with the click of a button.
- And many, many other improvements in more than 300 changesets and 273 files
 changed.

Getting Transifex
=================

Sysadmins who wish to install Transifex for their own community have a number
of ways to get their hands on the software. Tarballs and packages are available,
as well as RPM packages for Fedora, RHEL and CentOS.

 http://docs.transifex.org/releases/0.7.html#getting-transifex-0-7
  http://transifex.org/files/

Pre-cooked images which work out-of-the-box are also available in ISO, VMware
or EC2 form, for both x86 and x86_64 architectures:
 http://www.rpath.org/web/project/transifex/release?id=6497

For full installation instructions, refer to the documentation section:
 http://docs.transifex.org/intro/install.html