Documentation & Translation schedule review

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Fri Dec 18 01:32:50 UTC 2009

On 12/15/2009 04:24 PM, John J. McDonough wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 15:05 -0800, John Poelstra wrote:
>> I'll try to see what I can do with this, but it doesn't address my
>> original request below.
>
> Yeah, but 90% of it doesn't matter.
>
> It really doesn't make a lot of difference whether you arrange the
> furniture or hang the pictures first, but you don't want to hang the
> pictures before you paint the wall, and oh yeah, maybe you need to put
> up the wall before you can paint it.
>
> In F12 there was so much clutter that we missed some key items. That's
> why I'm focusing on getting the house built before I worry about
> decorating it.

Okay.  This is the first time I've heard this so as you can imagine it's
kind of hitting me out of the blue.  Are you wanting to start the
schedule from scratch and thus remove the parts you consider "clutter?"

Can you clarify what you expect our starting point to be at Tuesday's
meeting so that I'm coming with the right expectations? (choose one)
   a) Blank slate
   b) Re-work draft I posted
   c) Your version

> John, are these all part of a master schedule with dependencies between
> the teams, or is each team's plan independent?  If we can just get the
> dependencies right we ought to have the dates right.

Both.  Most of the docs tasks depend on each other, but often when they
start is depended on other teams or schedule milestones.  We've been
trying to get the dependencies correct for a few releases... each time
we're (hopefully) getting a little bit closer.

Thanks,
John