L10N Infrastructure Roadmap (was Re: FLP Meeting 2009-01-28 IRC Log)

Domingo Becker domingobecker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 02:52:24 UTC 2009

2009/2/12 Domingo Becker <domingobecker at gmail.com>:
> 2009/2/10 Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com>:
>> It's worth noting here that Transifex v0.5 includes statistics support and
>> will be released in March.
>>

> Great !
>
>> At some point in
>> the next month we'll completely support all of DL's features and so many more,
>> like statistics, user registrations, user-added modules, tags, collections,
>> releases, openid, notifications for file changes, RSS, comments, and a few
>> other secret ones.
>>
>> Our goal is to work with every interested party in creating The Open
>> Translation Platform, which any project can use to cover their translation
>> needs. If there's any specific feature you'd like to see included, please feel
>> free to just drop by #transifex on Freenode or simply send us your
>> feature requests [2].
>>
>> [1] Indifex: http://www.indifex.com/
>> [2] Tx feature requests: http://transifex.org/wiki/FeatureRequests

Sorry, I pressed the wrong key and sent an incomplete email.

Some ideas, not new ones, some of them they used to be in the old i18n
interface.

1. It is necessary to have a way to block the upload of a .po file
which is being translated by other person of the team.
2. If a translator blocks a file for translation, it shouldn't be
forever. There must be a timeout.
3. Emails should be sent to the team coordinator in every event
(block, commit, timeout)
4. Team management features, if possible. It would allow management of
the team's members and the rights for each one of them. It may be
necessary to block temporarily some member until he/she contacts the
team leader, in order to correct something previously committed.

With 1 and 2, there's no need to contact the coordinator to do
something. There shouldn't be 'what now' situations.
I encourage other team coordinators to add their ideas too.

kind regards

Domingo Becker (es)