Transifex version?

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Thu Jan 15 09:27:56 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 9:57 PM, Ricky Zhou <ricky at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On 2009-01-14 02:50:09 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>> * Which Tx version is running on translate.fedoraproject.org?
> We're currently running transifex-0.3.1-5.el5.
>
>> * What's the latest stable code available?
> I *think* this is the latest released version, although Transifex
> developers are working on porting to Django now, which we'll have to
> look to integrate (mainly FAS authentication).

Yup, 0.3.1 is the latest version.

  http://transifex.org/files/

Like Ricky said, upgrading to the Django branch might require some
work: installing, migrating data and integrating with FAS. The latter
could be avoided if we choose to use Tx's built-in users management
(GNOME did the same with their L10n infrastructure).

> Are we planning to replace Damned Lies with Transifex for statistics for F11
> translations?

I don't think we'll have the time to do that right now. For example,
Transifex statistics don't support intltool-based i18n yet.

> I'm asking since I know the Django-beta of Transifex has statistics. At the
> same time, Damned Lies upstream has moved to Django and is in production at
> l10n.gnome.org. If we were to integrate the new Damned Lies we need FAS
> authentication there as well, and in addition, there would potentially be a
> bit of work with moving the XML configuration over to the database.

Giving DL+Dj a try would be a good idea IMO. The idea of the migration
was that it's a good intermediate term towards the long-term merge of
DL and Tx. Starting experimenting with this before migrating to
tx-django sounds like a good roadmap.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos