System -> Administration -> Printing menu option

Domingo Becker domingobecker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 12:43:10 UTC 2009

2009/1/15 Runa Bhattacharjee <runab at redhat.com>:
> Runa Bhattacharjee wrote:
> #: ../system-config-printer.desktop.in.h:2
> msgid "Printing"
> msgstr ""
>
> I had a run into similar problem earlier.
> '
> Also perhaps, imho, maybe we could perhaps file a bug to change the string
> "Printing" to a more easily understandable noun-version. While translating
> without context, people generally accept "Printing" to mean an "ongoing
> printing job".

It seems to be a bug, because in the .po file I see the string comes
from three different places, with different meanings:

<http://translate.fedoraproject.org/POT/system-config-printer.1.0.x/system-config-printer.1.0.x.es.po>
# ../gui/printconf-gui.glade.str:141
# ../gui/printconf-gui.glade.str:153
# ../gui/printconf-gui.glade.str:153
#: ../system-config-printer.desktop.in.h:2
msgid "Printing"
msgstr "Imprimiendo"
</http://translate.fedoraproject.org/POT/system-config-printer.1.0.x/system-config-printer.1.0.x.es.po>

In the pot file for 1.0.x branch (the branch used in Fedora 10), the
string 'Printing' comes from only one place:

<http://translate.fedoraproject.org/POT/system-config-printer.1.0.x/system-config-printer.1.0.x.pot>
#: ../system-config-printer.desktop.in.h:2
msgid "Printing"
msgstr ""
</http://translate.fedoraproject.org/POT/system-config-printer.1.0.x/system-config-printer.1.0.x.pot>

It happens the same for the master branch.

Then, it is probably not a bug and the string is only used in the menu
option. Is this the case ?

regards

Domingo Becker (es)