Zikula CMS

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 12:38:36 UTC 2009

Hi L10n team,

I wanted to drop a note to let you know that discussions about the
new Zikula content management system (CMS) are happening on the
logistics list:

It would be a great idea for someone from the L10n Steering Committee
to be on that list, and participating in the discussions about Zikula
when they happen.  The Zikula community is participating with Fedora
in our development and rollout, and is also keenly interested in
finding ways to hook Zikula effectively to L10n infrastructure.  The
content that is provided in Zikula will include general information
about Fedora, marketing materials, news, and other useful data.  If we
want to be able to localize/translate that data, it would be
infinitely more helpful to have some L10n team input.

Dimitris Glezos is already present in a number of Fedora meetings, and
therefore I would ask that someone else on the L10n infrastructure
committee, like Ankit and/or Asgeir, join up on that list to
participate where it's helpful.  The traffic is not extremely high but
I suspect there will be more intendse discussions about Zikula details
and inter-team coordination as we get closer to an actual roll-out.