Fedora 12 Translation Team Schedule

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Mon Jul 27 23:21:20 UTC 2009

Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel said the following on 07/22/2009 11:01 PM
Pacific Time:

<cut>

> * For software localization
> - We have got 42 days for translation before package rebuild starts. Is
> it possible to split this translation task in two phases (Translation -
> 30 days and Review - 12 days)? If we split it this way and put the
> package rebuild step between these two tasks, FLP members will get a
> chance to test and review Fedora packages on their local machine and can
> provide a better localization during the Review period. So, the concern
> here is to concentrate on *review* of Fedora software applications.
> - Another important thing is, we (FLP members) are most of the time
> clueless whether our translations has got in or not. We get to know only
> after the package rebuilds, if we find time on thorough testing. So, how
> about having some automated mechanism to notify FLP team that their
> translations has been included in the latest package rebuild? This could
> be done if we setup some automation that can send a notification e-mail
> to fedora-trans-announce list *at the end of the package rebuild period*
> that abc, xyz packages has been rebuilt in the period from *start
> package rebuild* to *end package rebuild*.

Changed.  Let me know if something is wrong.

> * For Guides localization
> - We need some time for the review say 5 days at least (not sure that's
> enough though) and we might want to follow same steps for guide packages
> as we do in software application packages

I think there used to be a "review guides task" but nobody could tell me
what it was so I dropped it.  There was room in the schedule so I tacked
the review period on to the initial translation period.

> * For Release Notes & Website localization
> - as Dimtris said "beta release notes" at some places for better clarity
> - and we need HTMLs built automatically and should be available from
> some staging url where we can review the localization. (however, this
> may not be part of the schedule)

Please tell me exactly which task numbers you would like me to change
the descriptions on.

If HTML files need to be built for your work they should be on the schedule.
   1) Who builds the HTML files?
   2) When do they need to be built?
   3) Which task (task number) comes after building the files?
      --if it is not already on the schedule please tell me the correct
description so I can add it.

Thanks,
John