Fedora 12 Translation Team Schedule

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 12:31:26 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 05:23:38PM +0300, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 5:11 AM, John Poelstra<poelstra at redhat.com> wrote:
> > I have built the Fedora 12 Translation schedules using the same methodology
> > from Fedora 11.
> >
> > Please tell me what needs to be corrected, added, or changed by referencing
> > the task number here:
> > --> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-12/f-12-trans-tasks.html
>
> John, thanks for taking the initiative to do this! Here are some notes:
>
> - Software String Freeze 	2009-08-04
>
>   This decision is up to RelEng probably (or FESCo). The only
> requirement from L10n is that it should be 1 month before the Software
> Translation Deadline (PO Files complete)  	Tue 2009-09-15. Now its
> almost 1.5 months, and I think it's too much for developers to handle.
>
> - 16 	Translate Release Notes (POT to PO): We better name this
> "Translate Beta Release Notes" for clarity.
>
> Besides the fact that we have too many translation periods for the
> various project components, which is definitely hard to track, I think
> the schedule rocks.

Dimitris, thanks for your input on the schedule.  I was hoping that we
would also have someone from the L10n team who could commit to being
present at the release readiness meetings.  If you want to do that,
fantastic -- but I'd also understand if you wanted to make way for
someone else in the group to step up into this liaison role.

There are only a few of these meetings per cycle.  The meetings help
us ensure that all the teams working on a Fedora release have
everything they need from each other, and that no one is blocked
(knowingly or not) by something unforeseen.  We would really
appreciate having someone from the L10n group there to make sure this
team's needs are being considered and met!