Fedora 12 Translation Team Schedule

Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel ankit at redhat.com
Tue Jul 28 11:48:39 UTC 2009

John Poelstra wrote:
> Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel said the following on 07/22/2009 11:01
> PM Pacific Time:
>
> <cut>

Thanks John for looking into this, otherwise the suggestions were almost
lost in the threads. :)

I refer this schedule:
http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-12/f-12-docs-and-trans-tasks.html
in my reply.

>> * For software localization
>> - We have got 42 days for translation before package rebuild starts.
>> Is it possible to split this translation task in two phases
>> (Translation - 30 days and Review - 12 days)? If we split it this way
>> and put the package rebuild step between these two tasks, FLP members
>> will get a chance to test and review Fedora packages on their local
>> machine and can provide a better localization during the Review
>> period. So, the concern here is to concentrate on *review* of Fedora
>> software applications.
>> - Another important thing is, we (FLP members) are most of the time
>> clueless whether our translations has got in or not. We get to know
>> only after the package rebuilds, if we find time on thorough testing.
>> So, how about having some automated mechanism to notify FLP team that
>> their translations has been included in the latest package rebuild?
>> This could be done if we setup some automation that can send a
>> notification e-mail to fedora-trans-announce list *at the end of the
>> package rebuild period* that abc, xyz packages has been rebuilt in
>> the period from *start package rebuild* to *end package rebuild*.
>>

> Changed.  Let me know if something is wrong.

Well, I was expecting task 19 and 20 to be *repeated* somewhere between
task 5 and 11. Basically, I want the package rebuilds to happen before
we start to review software translations, then only there is a point in
dividing the translation task into Translation and Review.

>> * For Release Notes & Website localization
>> - as Dimtris said "beta release notes" at some places for better clarity
>> - and we need HTMLs built automatically and should be available from
>> some staging url where we can review the localization. (however, this
>> may not be part of the schedule)
>
> Please tell me exactly which task numbers you would like me to change
> the descriptions on.
>
> If HTML files need to be built for your work they should be on the
> schedule.
>   1) Who builds the HTML files?
>   2) When do they need to be built?
>   3) Which task (task number) comes after building the files?
>      --if it is not already on the schedule please tell me the correct
> description so I can add it.

Actually building of HTML files should happen every hour (or two or four
or half a day) automatically through some cronjob. I think Ricky might
be able to help us with it. It will not require to be there in the
schedule I guess since it's going to be automated cronjob running
periodically.

--
Regards,
Ankit Patel             	    Mob: +91 9890772942