Self introduction: Sveinn í Felli

"Sveinn í Felli (IMAP)" sveinki at nett.is
Fri Mar 27 09:43:29 UTC 2009

Full legal name: Sveinn Helgi Sverrisson
Alias (surname): Sveinn í Felli
  * City, Country: Akureyri, Iceland
  * FAS username: sveinki
  * Language to translate: Icelandic
  * Interests: GUI, usability, mobility, graphics (2D/3D)
  * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Sveinki
  * Level of computer skills: Ex-sysadmin in a small company
(Win2k+RH8), a GUI-guy with CLI-disabilities,
(vector/raster) graphics is my karma ;-)

I joined some time ago, but forgot to send in an
introduction. I already have been sponsored for necessary
groups.
So far I've only concentrated on translating basic Fedora
files through Transifex, I have contributed and coordinated
translation efforts in various projects, mostly KDE but also
LP/Ubuntu, Gnome and Translationproject.
Much of my work has been around proofreading and making
translations a bit more homogeneous/unified, using the same
vocabulary sets in Gnome and KDE. For that kind of work it's
quite evident that web interfaces like Launchpad are totally
inadequate; SVN access permits to search for certain terms
through a bunch of .po files at once. I use mostly Kbabel
and its translation memory.
After 8 years on various linuxes using open source software
and trying to get other people to use such software, I
sometimes give lectures on OSS and occasionally give
companies/institutions advice on how to manage transition
towards open software (biased towards the user experience).
I can't say the demand has been overflowing in the past, but
these days it seems more people are starting to think about
such matters.

sveinki at fellunited:~> gpg --fingerprint CC308D51
pub 1024D/CC308D51 2009-01-13
Key fingerprint = 2B03 F7BA 4782 0119 8B85  31DA 3834 9838
CC30 8D51

Best regards

Sveinn í Felli