Frields's suggestion

"Sveinn í Felli (IMAP)" sveinki at nett.is
Wed May 6 08:03:55 UTC 2009

Hi,

Ruediger Landmann wrote:

> I've also seen a suggestion that the list of translators should be cut
> down to only show the translators who worked on one particular
> translation of the book. For example, the version of the book in, say,
> Latin would only credit the people who translated it into Latin and none
> of the other translators would get any credit at all in that version. I
> would hate to see that happen, for the same reason I've just given.
> Whether or not a translator has contributed to *your* particular
> language, that person has still made an extremely valuable contribution
> to the project, and should be acknowledged. That's what it means to be
> part of a community, right?

If the format of translators list would be Language +
TranslatorNames + Year then there is not much left to
translate, except the names of languages; which are already
translated somewhere else an could thus be automatically
replaced.
I recall extensive lists of languages in desktop_l10n.po,
desktop_kdelibs.po, and probably in Gnome's gtranslator,
gspell and maybe elsewhere.

Maybe this is not possible for RTL languages.

Just my 2 centimes.

Sveinn í Felli