some issues in Fedora 11

Ville-Pekka Vainio vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi
Thu May 7 15:45:52 UTC 2009

to, 2009-05-07 kello 10:48 -0300, Domingo Becker kirjoitti:
> 2009/5/7 Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com>:
> > Domingo Becker (domingobecker at gmail.com) said:
> >> There's a new software update program in Fedora 11, gpk-update-veiwer.
> >> Is there any plan to add it to transifex ?
> >
> > That has an upstream of:
> >
> >  http://git.gnome.org/cgit/gnome-packagekit/
> >
> > Presumably it's translated through GNOME.
> >

> We should invite them to join Fedora L10N Project.
> It happened before with PackageKit, and we have it in Transifex for
> translations [1].

The difference here is that PackageKit is not a GNOME project and
gnome-packagekit -- as the name suggests -- is indeed a GNOME project,
which recently started following the GNOME version numbers and all that.
To my knowledge this is a decision made by the upstream maintainer,
Richard, who also maintains PackageKit.

I've joined my local GNOME translation team to translate
gnome-packagekit and gnome-policykit, which were AFAIK both introduced
in Fedora. Joining the GNOME translation team of your language should be
quite easy.

--
Ville-Pekka Vainio