Slogan translation

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue May 5 13:43:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 03:17:48PM +1000, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
> Paul W. Frields さんは書きました:
>> Hello intrepid translators!
>>
>> Since I got one question about translating the F11 slogan ("Reign"), I
>> thought I should give some background information here that might help
>> in your work.
>>
>> The slogan is in the form of a call to action or a verbal command,
>> like previous slogans.
>>
>> The word "reign" means to rule, prevail, or predominate.  In one sense
>> it's drawn from the way a king rules.  Leonidas was a king, but also
>> his name comes from "lion," and lions are kings of the jungle.  This
>> is also meant to show that Fedora and FLOSS help you rule over your
>> computer, instead of the other way around.
>>
>> I hope this helps, and I think you can find the translation material
>> here:
>>
>> https://translate.fedoraproject.org/tx/projects/fedora-web/master-fedoraproject/
>>
>> Thanks to everyone, again, for what's turning out to be an incredibly
>> successful Fedora 11 release!
>
> Thank you so much helpful information!
>
> Btw, just let me reconfirm that Website String is frozen on 5-May and POT
> file will not be changed, right?

Let's ask the Websites team to make sure.

* How does the Websites team handle the transition of "Fedora 10"
  strings to "Fedora 11"?  Admittedly, these are trivial POT changes.

* Is there any other change that needs to be handled for today's
  website string freeze?  Any further banner text, for example?