comps change for Fedora 11: removal of specspo?

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Thu May 14 00:44:42 UTC 2009

Em Qua, 2009-05-13 às 19:30 -0300, Domingo Becker escreveu:
> 2009/5/13 Stepan Kasal <skasal at redhat.com>:
> >
> > Yes, I admit that I have made a big mistake.
> > Now, when this has been brought to my attention, is there anything I
> > can do to help?  I think I could still rebuild with the newly
> > submitted translations, perhaps it could be pushed to F11 even though
> > we are in freeze?
> >
> > I'm afraid the long term solution should probably be to find someone
> > who is at least minimally interested in translations, instalation
> > process, and/or pirut^Wwhats-the-current-rpm-gui-frontend.
> >
> > Again, I'm sorry that I did not manage to pay attention to specspo.
> >

> No problem Stepan.
> As upstream, let me ask you for the possibility to search in the
> summary and desc fields in gpk-application, using the translated
> strings.
> This way, we will be able to give a good use of the translations.

I guess this is related to bug #487614. If you are able to test
Packagekit from git master please drop a note in bugzilla.

IMHO it is important to keep the specspo package at least for now,
although I agree it doesn't have a good design. By the way I remember a
post from Richard Hughes telling about some plans to avoid parsing all
the translation data in specspo, using individual descriptions of each
package. Anyway, when we work as a team on a big translation like
specspo we hope it will be helpful for several releases, so I agree with
Dimitris, any translations are better than no translations.

Regards,
Igor Pires Soares