Strange piece in the release notes

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 14:03:57 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 01:45:37PM +0100, Göran Uddeborg wrote:
> In this message in the release notes, is really the parentheses meant
> to be kept?  It feels like an internal message within the doc team.
>
> #. Tag: para
> #: FileSystems.xml:15
> #, no-c-format
> msgid ""
> "<package>Fusecompress</package> is a compressing filesystem mountable by "
> "unprivileged users. (Note: this may mean we don't want this note in the "
> "system admin section). Fedora-11 had fusecompress-1.99.19. Fedora-12 updates "
> "to fusecompress-2.6. This fixes many very nasty bugs but changes the on-disk "
> "format. Users with fusecompress filesystems will need to migrate their data "
> "to the new format. Unless they decompress before upgrading, they will need "
> "the <package>fusecompress_offline1</package> package to do so."

I think you're right and that text shouldn't be in the translatables
that were sent out.  I would caution the Docs team to only use
admonitions for these sorts of comments (which will stick out like a
sore thumb and beg for removal at the right time), or actual HTML
comments that won't show up in the translatables (but which might be
missed in review).