[Design-team] Final Fedora 12 Schedule Tasks

"かいお (Kaio)" k at kaio.me
Wed Nov 11 06:33:00 UTC 2009

(2009年11月11日 15:52), Paul W. Frields wrote:

>>> Brilliant!  Any reason for us not to use the "notext" version, that
>>> you know of?
>>>

>> I like the effect of the 'unite' text? Hehe. And 'Unite' is gonna be in
>> plain text either above or below the banner too, so that could serve as
>> a sort of translation.
>>
>> I dunno. Is it worth potentially confusing someone to have the text in
>> the image? Maybe not. It is a cool effect though.
>>
> For what it's worth, I think the design including the text is
> great. :-)
>
> If we do want to keep it, though, maybe we should see if we can get
> localized text out of the translations for the "Unite" wording on the
> website.  Then we could include translations in the graphic, in
> different fonts, instead of just English text.
>
> Alternately, we could just drop it so that by excluding one language
> or another, we don't disappoint anyone unnecessarily.

Members in fedora-zh are very keen to have their Chinese translation of
'unite' (yet to be concluded, as they had never believed that it is
possible to get it officially used) to be recognized by the headquarter.

If there is a SVG template for them to insert the translation or they
could just send the word to mizmo for her final alignment to the
rendered text, they might be extremely happy by experiencing the freedom
of participation in Fedora!

Thanks for listening, Paul and Mairin. :)

Regards,
Caius 'kaio' Chance

--
かいお kaio | kaio.me