Chinese Release Notes errors

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Wed Nov 18 13:53:44 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Ka Chun Chiu" <tomchiukc at gmail.com>
To: "John J. McDonough" <wb8rcr at arrl.net>; "Fedora Translation Project List"
<fedora-trans-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 8:26 AM
Subject: Re: Chinese Release Notes errors

> That was possibly caused by some translators who did their translation
> by computers.  Was there still present in any of the translations?

Right now I can't say for sure.  The batch job I run every night started
around 0700Z and at that time, there were still plenty of errors.  However,
I see rudi posted a zh-CN to docs.fp.o around an hour later.  Whether he
manually corrected the files before building that or they were good when he
downloaded them I can't say, and it is now his nighttime, so I'll have to
check with him in his morning.

The zh-CN version at http://fedora.is-sixsigma.com/F12beta/ I corrected to
see whether there were other types of errors. Because I don't totally
understand the interaction with Transifex, I'm not comfortable pushing my
edits back to git.

I did notice in the version at docs.fp.o that there were some entire
sections in English in spite of Transifex saying 100%.  I notice that some
other languages have those same sections untranslated.  My first reaction
was to blame that on Publican producing a bad pot, but then I found some
other languages where those same sections are translated, which leads me to
suspect that perhaps those po's were checked out when the new branch was
made.  I need to scratch my head a little to sort out how we can deal with
that.

--McD