Marketing stuff (e.g. flyers) translation

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 15:10:34 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am one of the translators, but I am working also as Ambassador - and I
have run into an small problem. For Ambassadors, we have some texts, flyers,
and other materials (e.g. educational presentations) what needs to be
translated. Currently we have an wiki, where most of these files are
uploaded, but for us - these materials mostly available in one language:
English.
I would like to change this, and I need help to make it to reality - also I
know this possible project needs some cooperation between several
teams....Maybe this is not the correct channel to begin this.

I have thought through several times, and I say it can be a huge step ahead
for ambassadors to win new contributors, when I could give the interested
people some printed advertising in their language. Therefore I have thought
on some empty prepared document templates at in the ambassadors wiki for
each actual release, and an Transifex project category for these texts -
available for all translating teams. If it is possible, then I would to like
have these in such a format, that could be merged, edited to have at the end
an perfect multipliable DTP stuff easily.
Furthermore, I just hope, when this come truth - the ambassadors could have
these printings for shows sometime.... and we could win a lot of
contributors to every channel.

I would like to hear your thoughts too,

Thanks,

Zoltan Hoppar