Final Fedora 12 Schedule Tasks

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 04:23:06 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 02:14:06PM +1000, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
> Hello John,
> I have a request for next release schedule.
> >
> >Fri 06-Nov  Fri 13-Nov  Translate Final Release Banners (POT to PO)
>

> >Fri 13-Nov  Fri 13-Nov  Translation Deadline: Final Release Banners (PO)
> Afaik, we have not  heard from Design team. Then I found that there
> is no task item in Design team task schedule to pass the ball to
> Translation team. It would be nice if the item something like below
> could be added for F13;
> 'Fri06-Nov Pass the file/text of final release banners to translation team'
> So that we can hear from them timely manner.
>
> This time, it seems that F12 release banner [1] does not contain any
> text, if I am looking at correct ones. I am not sure if translators
> would like to capture the screen-shot to replace English screen.
>
> [1]:http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/

I think the latest banner may be here.  I apologize if I got this
wrong or am pointing at the wrong one:

http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/f12%20banner/test11.png

It looks to me like the text in that banner is probably not part of a
translatable string in an SVG.  Is that correct?

Also, I wanted to say you brought up a very good point here.  Schedule
items work even better when they're *actionable*.  When the task is
clear, it's easier for anyone who reads the schedule to know what they
need to do.  The task item you wrote above is very clear and helpful.