[Design-team] Final Fedora 12 Schedule Tasks

"かいお (Kaio)" k at kaio.me
Thu Nov 12 00:35:58 UTC 2009

(2009年11月12日 10:01), Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 06:26:18PM +1000, "かいお (Kaio)" wrote:
>
>> (2009年11月11日 18:23), Paul W. Frields wrote:

>>> Oops, I didn't explain this very well, I suppose.  What I meant was
>>> that we would simply have a single PNG file, that included many
>>> renderings of "Unite" in different languages.  The PNG would continue
>>> to be a non-translatable entity, where the graphic featured maybe 6 or
>>> 7 different languages only, instead of 6 or 7 different "Unite" words
>>> of English text.  Am I making any better sense?
>>>

>> I support that we should not add excessive burden to translators or
>> designers. But which languages are going to be in the banner raise
>> another discussion. :P
>>
> That's exactly right.  And that's why I really think the right answer
> is just to remove the "Unite" text from the graphic, which Mo has
> already kindly provided for us.

The Chinese (Simplfied) translation in PO file of FP.o website on
transifex is '团结', which is virtually consistent to '
団結' in Japanese, '단결' in Korean partially in meanings and
pronunciation, also '團結' in Chinese (Traditional) which should be the
original source.

The translation is in zh_CN PO file for FP.o website, on Transifex.

^ FYI, in case Mo wants to put those "Unite"s into banner, sometime
before the final design.

Caius kaio Chance

--
かいお kaio | kaio.me