Translators Wanted: SSSD

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Thu Nov 19 12:10:45 UTC 2009

On 11/19/2009 06:38 AM, Richard van der Luit wrote:
> Dimitris Glezos schreef:
>> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 9:38 PM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The System Security Services Daemon will be going feature-complete and
>>> into string freeze on Monday, Nov. 23. We're hoping to make a release
>>> later the same week with additional translations.
>>>
>>> Currently, the project has only a single active translator, for the
>>> Polish language. We would very much like to expand our language
>>> coverage, and would appreciate any help that this list can provide.
>>>
>>> Our translation project is hosted at Transifex.net at
>>> http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/sssd/
>>> (We can't work on translate.fedoraproject.org because our upstream
>>> requires that all patches (including translation) must be reviewed by
>>> the repository gatekeeper. Newer versions of Transifex have support for
>>> mailing updates to the project owners instead of writing directly to the
>>> repositories, so we must use this)
>>>

>> So to explain a bit more what's needed to participate:
>>
>>  - The project has appx 150 strings; an easily chewable number.
>>  - You should navigate to the project's page [1], register/sign-in,
>> and Request Permissions
>>
> Ha Stephen,
> As a dutch translator i just uploaded the initial nl.po files at
> http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/sssd/c/master/ for sssd;
> i am not sure about the "Request Permission" remark in your mail though,
> would you clarify this part for me please?
> grtz
> Richard van der Luit
> nippur at fedoraproject.org

I'm not sure what Dimitris meant by "Request Permission" either. What
you did so far was sufficient. Transifex forwards the newly-created .po
files to me for review, then I will turn them into a patch and apply it
to the upstream codebase.

So you need only worry about submitting the files at Transifex.net.