Release Notes errors 06-Oct

Josef Hrus(ka josef.hruska at upcmail.cz
Wed Oct 7 18:24:55 UTC 2009

John J. McDonough napsal(a):

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Josef Hrus(ka"
> <josef.hruska at upcmail.cz>

OK, I understand.

> All the corrections are in the cs.po in the master branch of git, but
> pulling them out from that gigantic file will be something of a chore.
>
> I was thinking that I could push up the log file instead of the html
> if the job should fail, but then you wouldn't be able to just look at
> the dates to see whether it was successful.  At least that way you
> could get the error without my having to manually pull it out.    And
> even then, the error messages themselves are kind of hard to
> understand much of the time.
>
> I was going to post the non-&PRODVER; diff, but it is hard to read
> without the color coding.  But, you can see the color coded changes at
> this horrible URL:
>
> http://git.fedoraproject.org/git/?p=docs/release-notes.git;a=blobdiff;f=po/cs.po;h=a44503071f40b0d85d7c1ae4cfccb328bfe0f413;hp=1e2ebad4f3d4da15256565f3249952bd0c91b546;hb=8a3564a80029a7ecdb87dfe2a04854bfc2f157ab;hpb=adf91bb905db8b28d8f0f509b97a6a286bebd8cc

That's fine. I now know where to look and in what. And I can then
"propagate" (manually copy) the changes to the Transifex.
Sorry that I am not very helpful to your work. Translating several
hundreds of strings is not easy for one person. So, I usually try to
translate quickly, but without any real or deep control quality
considerations. Then I do the other rounds where I concentrate much more
on the quality - first, trying to correct my mistakes (spelling,
grammar) and second, very often I have to look at the Internet for
information on some projects/software to be able to translate some more
technically-oriented topics (sometime I have no really a clue what I am
translating about). In short, I have just finished the first round. Now,
it's the time when I will try to correct my mistakes and overall polish
the text.
It is just that if I can have access to files like your one it would be
fine also for me to correct myself. But anyway, next time I will try to
be more careful also to you, ie. from the beginning. ;-)
> It should be fairly evident that the red lines were replaced with the
> green.
>
> Hope this helps, and thanks fr paying such close attention
>
> --McD

Josef