Release Notes errors 01-Oct

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Thu Oct 1 15:29:40 UTC 2009

On 10/01/2009 10:47 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 08:26:07AM -0300, Domingo Becker wrote:
>
>> We need a tool for checking these xml markups.
>> Is there any?
>>
> I *believe* if you're doing translations yourself by checking out
> stuff from the original tree (i.e. a clone of the repo), you can run
> 'make test-xml-es-ES' to check the validity of the XML from the
> translation.

Close -- 'make test-es-ES', /in theory/ anyway. Unfortunately, that
doesn't actually work because Publican doesn't understand the big,
merged PO files that translators are working with. Translators would
need to split the single, big PO files to refresh Publican's many little
PO files and /then/ run the test.

A few months back, I documented the procedure in a post here to f-t-l:
see [1] and a slight correction [2]. It's certainly achievable, but only
for the brave :)

Cheers
Ruediger

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-trans-list/2009-May/msg00150.html