transifex translation

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Tue Oct 6 10:46:33 UTC 2009

On 10/06/2009 07:23 PM, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
> Let me be lazy this time to shoot questions. Please direct me if
> future question to be made in ML specified above. Here is my questions...

I think I can help with some of them; in the case of these languages, I
wonder if you translated the names of more widely-used languages? If so,
Wikipedia to the rescue :D

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%BE%E3%83%B3%E3%82%AB%E8%AA%9E

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%95%E3%83%AA%E3%82%A6%E3%83%AA%E8%AA%9E

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AD%E3%82%AB%E3%83%8E%E8%AA%9E

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%AD%E3%83%AB%E3%82%AE%E3%82%B9%E4%BA%BA

> * Is this expected to translate?
>
> #: languages/management/commands/txcreatelanguages.py:545
> Norwegian Bokmål
>
> * 'Bokmål', Is this expected to translate?

This is a specific Norwegian dialect --
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%96%E3%83%BC%E3%82%AF%E3%83%A2%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB

> #: languages/management/commands/txcreatelanguages.py:568
> Norwegian Nynorsk
>
> * 'Nynorsk', Is this expected to translate?

This is a different, specific Norwegian dialect --
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%8B%E3%83%BC%E3%83%8E%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A5%E3%82%AF

Cheers

Ruediger