Release Notes errors 06-Oct

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Tue Oct 6 21:38:14 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Josef Hrus(ka" <josef.hruska at upcmail.cz>
To: "John J. McDonough" <wb8rcr at arrl.net>; "Fedora Translation Project List"
<fedora-trans-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 5:06 PM
Subject: Re: Release Notes errors 06-Oct

> I am just wondering if there will be the cs-CZ translation of RN
> available in the following days based on the version in transifex. The
> last successful build is based on a version of the translation when it
> was at 40%. Now (from Sunday) it is at 90%. But because of the errors
> there has not been a successful build with the version at 90% so far.
> Can I expect that there will be a build in the following days?

Josef

I will continue to run te job, but there were a number of other issues in
the Czek translation that I eventually fixed for the rpm.  However, my fixes
don't go back to Transifex, so the errors will still be there for the job
that runs tonight.

All the corrections are in the cs.po in the master branch of git, but
pulling them out from that gigantic file will be something of a chore.

I was thinking that I could push up the log file instead of the html if the
job should fail, but then you wouldn't be able to just look at the dates to
see whether it was successful.  At least that way you could get the error
without my having to manually pull it out.    And even then, the error
messages themselves are kind of hard to understand much of the time.

I was going to post the non-&PRODVER; diff, but it is hard to read without
the color coding.  But, you can see the color coded changes at this horrible
http://git.fedoraproject.org/git/?p=docs/release-notes.git;a=blobdiff;f=po/cs.po;h=a44503071f40b0d85d7c1ae4cfccb328bfe0f413;hp=1e2ebad4f3d4da15256565f3249952bd0c91b546;hb=8a3564a80029a7ecdb87dfe2a04854bfc2f157ab;hpb=adf91bb905db8b28d8f0f509b97a6a286bebd8cc

It should be fairly evident that the red lines were replaced with the green.

Hope this helps, and thanks fr paying such close attention

--McD