% entries in virt-p2v

Asgeir Frimannsson asgeirf at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 06:36:34 UTC 2009

Hi James,

2009/9/14 Kiyoto (James) Hashida <khashida at redhat.com>:
> Hi, Fedora people.
> I have just finished translating this virt-p2v>tip file.
> But I am not sure if the English source is all correct.
> There are some % symbols alone here and there.
> I wonder if it is a mistake for %s or %d.....
>
> For instance,
> "\\nSending /dev/%s (%.3f GB) to remote machine\\n\\n%!"
> and "(about %.0f minutes remaining)"
>
> Without knowing if it is a string or a number, it is difficult to
> set up the word order in a foreign language.
> Any idea, anyone?

If the format-string ends in an 'f' as above, it is a floating-point
number.  Other common operators are 'd' for decimal numbers, 's' or
'c' for a string and character. The numbers/dots after the '%' and
before the character (s/f) allow further customization of the
replacement value (number of decimal points etc).

Hope this helps!

cheers,
asgeir