German translation of system-config-firewall

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at redhat.com
Tue Sep 22 23:35:54 UTC 2009

Thomas Woerner さんは書きました:
> Hello,
>
> as the maintainer of system-config-firewall, I have ongoing problems
> with german translations in this tool.
>
> In german there is no matching word for "trusted". The translation
> "vertraut" means "familiar" or "close", but not "trusted"! In the
> german language we are using "Trusted Computing" as a fixed term,
> because you can not have a short term explaining it correctly.
> Therefore I am also using "trusted" for services and interfaces.
>
> Every few weeks some translators are replacing the word "trusted" with
> "vertraut". Can you please stop doing this?
> I would appreciate if you are changing all occurrences of "vertraut"
> back to "trusted".
There are 16 translators involved for German translation of
system-config-firewall. Some might be retired, the others may be active.
There is German team and the coordinator, as well ML of fedora-trans-de.
It would be German team's responsibility to keep the consistency of
certain word(s) for accurate translation. It should be best to contact
your team members.

> Thanks in advance,
> Thomas
>

> PS: Maybe also other languages are affected by this problem, but I can
> not check that.
There is no matching word in Japanese translation too. Thus 'reliable'
(信頼できる) is usually used. I am believing that there is implicit
understanding to use 'reliable' for 'trusted' among Japanese team. Thus
it is not the problem for Japanese team.

noriko