string freeze break?!

Domingo Becker domingobecker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 12:12:01 UTC 2009

2009/9/23 Xavi Conde <xavi.conde at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> 2009/9/23 Kris Thomsen <lakristho at gmail.com>:
>> Hi Noriko,
>>
>> Yeah, I experienced this too. It's quite annoying, cause in danish
>> FOSS-translation team we review our translations, so it can take a little
>> while to get the translations ready - so maybe we can't get the danish
>> translation ready for Fedora 12 release :)
>>

> may I suggest that in fact there's no such thing as a "Fedora string
> freeze"? It would make our live easier not to expect its existence.
> Knowing the date when packages will be rebuilt should be enough for
> our planning.

+1
The choice we have to make is between good software or good translations.
I think it's better good software.
Anyway, completed translations for a package may come in a package
update after the release.

2009/9/23 Xavi Conde <xavi.conde at gmail.com>:
> For instance, my imsettings translation was sent by mail and not
> commited yet. It doesn't take more than 1 min to save a file...

This issue is really disappointing.
It may be solved with allowing Tx submit translations for their projects.
But when you ask for that support, developers come with so many
different ununderstandable answers. :-o

My two cents.

Regards

Domingo Becker