Yum translation policy?

Domingo Becker domingobecker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 21:21:53 UTC 2009

2009/9/23 Adam Pribyl <pribyl at lowlevel.cz>:
> I've submited full yum 3.2 branch translation to yum ticketing system
> http://yum.baseurl.org/ticket/248
> as per request in transifex, but the translation is still not included. Does
> anybody know, what is the procedure for yum translation to get into
> transifex?

A ticket there will result in your translations completely lost.
File a bug in Fedora's bugzilla so the package maintainer takes it in count.

> Is it possible to "lock" a translation in transifex for a
> language, that is not listed in existing languages, to prevent anybody else
> working on it?

No it's not. It's because it doesn't exist.
You have to start a new file from the pot, save the file as .po file,
upload a new translation (it will be at 0% at that point) .and then Tx
will allow you to lock it.

regards

Domingo Becker (es)