Translations sur git

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Wed Jan 6 22:42:44 UTC 2010

On 01/07/2010 01:48 AM, Jens Maucher wrote:
> is there a documentation about doing translations using git?
> In the wiki i only found something about cvs
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Tools#CVS_of_the_Fedora_Localization_Project
>
> I think it will be a good thing (especially for beginners), to know how
> it works adding translations sur git(me implied).

To submit translations directly to the repo via git, you would need
commit access to each document or software component itself.

Transifex streamlines this by acting as an intermediary between the
translator and the document or software project — the project
maintainers only have to give commit access to Transifex, and every
translator automatically has access to the project.

Is there a particular project that you're thinking of? And why not use
Transifex?

> A few days ago i read something about updating transifex, nice idea.
> When will transifex be updated and is in more languages available?

The work is currently underway, but there's no precise timeline because
several issues need to be solved one after the other, and then of course
tested. You can monitor the progress here:

Fedora is upgrading from version 0.5 to version 0.7, but I don't know
whether this will make the interface available in more languages.

Cheers

Ruediger