QA test for L10N

Domingo Becker domingobecker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 20:25:54 UTC 2010

2010/1/7 James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com>:

> The QA team doesn't provide/build the compose images, that is a service
> provided by release engineering.
> Looking at the dates you mention, the
> current F-13 QA schedule [2] shows that F-13-Alpha will be available for
> translation testing at that time.

Don't ask translators to build a live image from rawhide.
Based on my own experience, it will go wrong.
I was never able to make a 'Live CD from rawhide' work. Something
always goes wrong when booting.
It seems that development people starts from an early installer and
uses the update system since then.

But if we use the Alpha compose to test, and our corrections and
improvements will be present in Alpha 2 or Beta compose to check once
more, that's ok and may work well.
We will need that packagers pay attention to our commits to their repositories.

> Additionally, there are nightly
> rawhide live images available [3] if testing against more recent updates
> is desired.

If these nightly rawhide live images work, it would be good.
But packagers would have to pay attention to our commits in order to
rebuild their packages with newer translations as soon as possible.

My two cents.

kind regards

Domingo Becker (es)