[fedora-virt] Losing mouse focus

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Apr 6 19:45:36 UTC 2009

I have asked this on both Fedora and KVM lists, and I get back a mix of
"it's you, I don't have the problem" and "mee, too" responses, so sorry
if you saw this elsewhere.

I have been running little machines using KVM from command line. Lots of
little machines, CentOS, FC9, 10, and now 11. I run them on machine like
i6600, e9400, and Athlon dual core, using FC9, FC10, and FC6 with recent
kernel and KVM. Since I see the problem on multiple places I assume it
isn't unique.

The problem is that I lose mouse (but not keyboard) focus, running in a
window or full screen. I will be typing, mail or documentation, and all
of a sudden while the keyboard input going where it should, there's
another mouse pointer, and it's not bound to the VM I'm using. The VM
mouse cursor just sits there...

I don't see any fixes listed anywhere, using "nomodeset" was suggested,
but it didn't help. This was mildly annoying when I was testing, now
that I'm running many production images it's unproductive. Any thoughts
or pointers?

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO TMR Associates, Inc

"You are disgraced professional losers. And by the way, give us our money back."
    - Representative Earl Pomeroy,  Democrat of North Dakota
on the A.I.G. executives who were paid bonuses  after a federal bailout.