[fedora-virt] installing f11 x86_64 inside f11 x86_64 is*cripplingly* slow

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Thu Apr 16 16:56:54 UTC 2009

Robert, Mike,

Please get this into bugzilla with as much details as possible. See:

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Reporting_virtualization_bugs

for the kind of info that would be helpful.

Additionally, if you could do e.g.

  $> tcpdump -i vnet0 -p -w vnet0.dump

on the host and then use:

  $> wireshark vnet0.dump

to see is there any unusual network traffic - you might find that some
packets are highlighted in black or red.

FWIW, I installed an f11 beta guest on a rawhide host today and didn't
see any issues.

(Robert - see my previous mails to Mike. It would help if you could
figure out whether this is a network slowness issue rather than the
whole guest being slow. Also, seeing if an F10 guest install works would
be good.)

Thanks,
Mark.