[fedora-virt] how can i verify that HW extensions are being used?

Mike Hinz mike.hinz at yr20.com
Thu Apr 16 19:14:31 UTC 2009

Guys, just to be clear what my issue is/was.  Once I got my F11 beta guest
installed, it ran just fine and at very near native speed.  In fact, I've
had it up and running for several days now.  The issue is ONLY with the
installer and installation.  That goes shockingly slow!  It also acts
differently than a normal Fedora 11 beta install on physical HW in that it
asks you for some network adapter info and it appears to me, to install
entirely from the network as the lights on lab switch goes nuts as does the
network activity light on my server AND I see essentially zero activity on
the DVD drive on the server.  I'm convinced therefore that something is just
wrong with the way Fedora 11 installs, at least on the Fedora 11 beta
physical server.

Mark, do you want me to still file a bug on this?

Thanks!

Regards,

Mike Hinz
President