[fedora-virt] Schroedinger's VM

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 16:11:46 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 1:07 AM, Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com> wrote:
> Short answer, yes.
>
> Longer answer, yes in some circumstances, but it's a bug.
>
> Another answer, not if you use libvirt and virt-viewer :-)
>
> When using the SDL backend (i.e. instead of qemu-kvm -vnc), if you
> switch workspaces using Ctrl-Alt-Arrow, then SDL tries to grab the
> pointer and fails and keeps retrying until you switch back to the
> workspace.
>
> Fully gory details, here:
>
>  https://bugzilla.redhat.com/480065
>
> What's preventing this from being fixed is the patch getting upstream.
>
> We don't recommend people use the SDL backend, really. The VNC backend
> is far better tested.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark.

Thanks, Mark.  That is very helpful information.

Let me tell you, F-11 can't come out soon enough.  I'm becoming more
and more tempted to install the preview release next week, which I've
never done before, just so I can take advantage of the shiny new virt
stuff.  Then I can revert back to virt-manager without having to
suffer through the tiny window size that made me stop using it on
F-10.
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/