[fedora-virt] ANNOUNCE: libguestfs 1.0.15 released
Richard W.M. Jones
rjones at redhat.com
Tue Apr 28 16:34:32 UTC 2009
I'm pleased to announce version 1.0.15 of libguestfs, the library for
accessing and modifying virtual machine filesystems.
Home page: http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/
New since the previous announcement we have:
- New 'virt-inspector' tool. This can tell you at a high level
what is on a virtual machine, such as how its filesystems are
mounted, what OS and version it is running, what kernel, drivers
and apps are installed.
- New 'lvremove', 'vgremove', 'pvremove' commands.
- Add really working support for NTFS and FAT.
- Add really working support for CD-ROMs and DVDs.
- Add --ro option for read-only mounts in guestfish.
- New 'set-e2uuid', 'get-e2uuid', 'set-e2label', 'get-e2label'
commands for setting ext2/3/4 UUIDs and labels.
- New 'debug' command for debugging daemon internals.
- Guestfish recipes.
- Many bugs fixed (note: including a data corruptor that affected
FileOut transfers, so upgrading is recommended).
Richard Jones, Emerging Technologies, Red Hat http://et.redhat.com/~rjones
virt-df lists disk usage of guests without needing to install any
software inside the virtual machine. Supports Linux and Windows.
More information about the Fedora-virt