[fedora-virt] Losing mouse focus

Brendan Whelan b_whelan at mistral.co.uk
Tue Apr 7 09:43:49 UTC 2009

Bill,

I had the same problem and received the following from Daniel Berrange

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 08:53:02AM +0000, Brendan Whelan wrote:

> > I am new to using virtualization and, after some effort, I have created
> > and then cloned a virtual image on a laptop with an Intel P8400
> > processor using Fedora 10.
> > Unfortunately,  when I run the cloned image I don't have proper cursor
> > control, even after pressing ctrl-alt. Any suggestions?

There was a bug in GTK-VNC for mouse grab handling. I've hust pushed an
update to the stable repos so it should show up in a couple of days
You want

   gtk-vnc-0.3.8-2.fc10

As of Fedora 11, the mouse will work perfectly without any grab being
needed

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/VirtImprovedConsole

Daniel

I waited a few days and did a yum update on my Fedora 10 system and the problem went away.

Hope this helps.

Brendan