[fedora-virt] question - installation speed F11 Beta VM on F11 Beta physical

mike.hinz at yr20.com mike.hinz at yr20.com
Wed Apr 8 21:52:11 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have an F11 Beta server, fully updated to the latest and greatest from rawhide.  I've noticed that whenever I try to install F11 beta in a VM, it installs really, really slowly, may 2 orders of magnitude slower than on the phyical machine.  The physical server is a single processor quad-core Xeon with 8GB of RAM.  I've set the VM to have 4GB RAM w/2 cpus.

It appears that the installation seems to be occcuring from the network versus the DVD.  Why would this be and how can I speed up this incredibly slow process?

Thanks in advance for any help on this!

Regards,

Mike Hinz
President