[fedora-virt] qemu user emulation test package, and is GUEST_BASE broken?

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 14:13:57 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 1:32 AM, Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com> wrote:
> What "nifty features" can you not use ?

I'm still fairly new to virtualization on Fedora.  I started using
virt-manager some months ago, but was frustrated that I couldn't seem
to configure virt-manager so I could get a resolution higher than
something tiny (800x600?) in the guest.  I asked about that on this
list and was told that I would have to pass -std-vga to kvm to get a
higher resolution.  I have never been able to figure out how to do
that with virt-manager, so I transitioned over to running qemu-kvm
from the command line.  If somebody can solve that for me, I'll go
back to virt-manager.
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/