[fedora-virt] Re: [Fedora-xen] Re: Dom0 kernels

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Wed Apr 15 17:57:44 UTC 2009

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:06:57PM +0100, M A Young wrote:
>> The repository http://fedorapeople.org/~myoung/dom0/ is up to kernel
>> 2.6.29-1.2.18.fc11 . This one is based on push2/xen/dom0/master rather
>> than xen/dom0/hackery which should be closer to what is proposed for the
>> 2.6.30 merge. It also has CONFIG_HIGHPTE=n (for x86), but my attempts to
>> add squashfs 3 in addition to squashfs 4 didn't work as it seems you can't
>> build both.
>
> I'm about to try out these kernels, but have one quick suggestion.
> Add the string 'xendom0' or 'dom0' into the Release: tag of the RPM
> builds. This'd just make it clear for people installing it which kernel
> is the Xen dom0 enabled one, and which is not :-)

I have added xendom0 to the name of the latest build
( 2.6.29.1-1.2.20.xendom0.fc11 )
for which the main rpms are also available from the repository
http://fedorapeople.org/~myoung/dom0/
I based this on the F-11 branch and since that seemed to fit best to
what is currently on the upstream git repository, though an updated set of
branches should appear shortly (eg. see
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-04/msg00416.html
) so this may change.

 	Michael Young