[fedora-virt] Schroedinger's VM

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 22:29:52 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
> Can you use virt-top (or even plain top) to look at the qemu-kvm
> process.  Is it doing anything when you are switched to the other
> desktop?
>
> Rich.
>
> --
> Richard Jones, Emerging Technologies, Red Hat  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones
> virt-df lists disk usage of guests without needing to install any
> software inside the virtual machine.  Supports Linux and Windows.
> http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/

I've waited for over half an hour now on the other desktop, and
qemu-kvm is sitll consuming 15% to 20% of the real CPU, just like it
was when I first switched away.  Hmmmm....  I'm using this virtual
machine to do some experimental Linux kernel work.  It's got nothing
whatsoever to do with scheduling, but now I wonder if I broke or
misconfigured something.

Let's assume the problem is due to me mucking about in the kernel
unless I uncover evidence to the contrary.  Thanks, Rich.
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/